Dechoker for Community Centers – Community Centers have events for young and old alike – and every two hours someone chokes to death. Be Prepared.
Dechoker for Community Centers
Community Centers have events sponsored by many individuals, clubs and organizations that have chosen the Community Center as the perfect venue for their special events. These events run from birthday parties and bar mitzvahs to AARP meetings and everything in-between.
And more often than not, there is food and drink available. Combine this with choking dangers and it’s easy to see why the Dechoker is gaining popularity.
It’s very likely you have fire extinguishers and smoke alarms, but more people choke to death that die in fires.
The Dechoker for Community Centers and More
Changing the way we respond to choking first aid, the Dechoker, an FDA registered Anti-Choking Device, quickly and easily removes the obstruction.
Choking First Aid – Seconds Count
- 0-4 minutes: Brain Damage Unlikely
- 4-6 minutes: Brain Damage Possible
- 6-10 minutes: Brain Damage Likely
- 10+ minutes: Probable Brain Death
- Average Emergency Response Time: 7-12 minutes
The Heimlich Maneuver has helped save countless lives, but as we all know, it’s not foolproof method when responding to a choking person. Overweight people can be particular hard to work with, and first responders may be too weak to perform the move, or worse, to late to arrive. You have just minutes. Additionally, there is a long list of diseases and ailments the preclude effective use of the Heimlich Maneuver.
Now there’s the Dechoker, a device that quickly applies negative pressure to the airway to suck out whatever debris or fluid that is blocking their breathing. You simply place the face mask over the mouth of the chocking person and pull quickly on the tab in the back. The vacuum the Dechoker motivates the lodged item to move toward the device. It can be used by small people on large ones, large people on small or frail ones, or even by struggling choking victim on themselves.
The best part is there is no way for anyone to accidently push the debris farther down, because it employs a one-way valve.
Registered with the FDA a a medical device, the Dechoker is available for purchase by anyone, and is a first-aid kit essential.
Check out this video to see how the Dechoker works:
- Compact design allows for easy storage in first-aid kits, backpacks, or purses.
- Powerful suction works to remove liquid or materials from the airway in seconds.
- Easy-pull operation allows people of all ages to utilize the Dechoker device.
It’s easy and fast.
Does the Dechoker Work? The Dechoker is a life saving device which can be used for choking first aid on anyone, regardless of age, illness, disorder, or other health-related condition. With very little training, a parent can use a Dechoker on their child to prevent an accidental choking death. A waitress can use a Dechoker on an adult in a restaurant. A security guard at a football game can use the Dechoker on a teenager.
Some Quick Facts
- A leading cause of death
in children – ONE CHILD EVERY 5 DAYS
- A choking death
occurs – EVERY 2 HOURS
- Visits to the ER for choking – over 100,000 VISITS YEARLY
- 3rd leading cause of accidental death age 65+
- Over 100 million Americans have no defense against choking due to pregnancy, disability, obesity or being alone.
- More people die from choking than die in fires, non-fire related carbon monoxide poisoning, drowning or accidental shootings